MRI Services in Gettysburg PA
Adams Diagnostic Imaging Center provides MRI imaging services for Gettysburg and all of central Pennsylvania. Our radiology team produces clear MRI scan images so Gettysburg doctors can accurately diagnose and track internal damage and disease
What Is an MRI?
MRI is short for Magnetic Resonance Imaging, which is a technique that uses a combination of radio wave energy and magnetic fields to visualize internal body structures. This type of imaging provides different visual information than that of X-Rays or CT scans.
The machines that produce these images are called MRI machines. Patients lay in the center of these large, tube-shaped structures while the machine takes pictures of the body’s internal environment. The machine does not touch the body or flash during this procedure, but it will produce loud knocking noises for the duration.
Types of MRI
The MRI is an extremely useful diagnostic tool, allowing doctors to visualize internal damage and disease before serious symptoms arise. Doctors use this imaging technique to study any part of the body, depending what they’re looking for.
Some of the more common MRI images our Gettysburg office provides include:
- Pelvis MRIs: These scans examine the reproductive and urinary organs, as well as the bladder, rectum and hipbones to identify reproductive disorders, urinary issues, tumors and injuries.
- Back and Body MRIs: An MRI of the torso can detect a multitude of diseases and problems. Herniated or bulging discs, heart problems and other organ issues can be identified this way.
- Brain MRIs: Looking at a brain through an MRI will reveal tumors, aneurysms, nerve injuries and the results of a stroke, among other issues.
- Knee MRIs: Bone issues, tissue tears and other problems in the knee can be visualized very well with an MRI.
- Liver MRIs: Liver MRIs produce detailed images of the liver for diagnostic purposes, making them ideal for identifying liver cancer.